Re: Netbeans 7.1.2 icon is not showing in Unity bar

On Thu 24 May 2012 1:01:36 PM Monte Milanuk wrote:
On 05/24/2012 05:52 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
Atl tab is not showing any netbens.

I've had similar problems with Eclipse... another predominantely *Java*
based application. Some times it will show up in the Unity
Launcher/dock correctly, some (most) times it will not. I'd asked on and others noted the same problem (with Eclipse) and it
seems the consensus is that something involving the Java-based apps does
not fully conform to or integrate with the the standard that Unity uses...

A search of Launchpad showed the below BUGS for Java + Unity : java applications a double icon
appears : dock fails to autohide some
java applications : Java application
can crash unity-window-decorator (compiz-decorator) : Unity global menu not
working with Java application - had to switch to classic desktop

But i guess you will find this interesting :
netbeans-ubuntu-unity-application-launcher : Running NetBeans from the Ubuntu
Unity application launcher

I however have no experience with this issue since I am on KDE

-- &RU Chelladurai

ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: