Re: Netbeans 7.1.2 icon is not showing in Unity bar

On Thu 24 May 2012 1:01:36 PM Monte Milanuk wrote:
On 05/24/2012 05:52 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
Atl tab is not showing any netbens.

I've had similar problems with Eclipse... another predominantely *Java*
based application. Some times it will show up in the Unity
Launcher/dock correctly, some (most) times it will not. I'd asked on
askubuntu.com and others noted the same problem (with Eclipse) and it
seems the consensus is that something involving the Java-based apps does
not fully conform to or integrate with the the standard that Unity uses...

A search of Launchpad showed the below BUGS for Java + Unity

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/757991 : java applications a double icon
appears
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/779802 : dock fails to autohide some
java applications
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/799887 : Java application
can crash unity-window-decorator (compiz-decorator)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1745436 : Unity global menu not
working with Java application - had to switch to classic desktop

But i guess you will find this interesting :
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici/archive/2010/11/10/running-
netbeans-ubuntu-unity-application-launcher : Running NetBeans from the Ubuntu
Unity application launcher

I however have no experience with this issue since I am on KDE

-- &RU Chelladurai

  • Re: A constructive debate: Eclipse or NetBeans?
    ... However, I've tried NetBeans recently. ... better support for creating GUIs than Eclipse ... "make" as a build system and primarily programming in OCaml. ... Sun's Java implementation. ...
    (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)
  • Re: Debugger
    ... To attach to a running process using VC (this is Visual Studio 2003 specific, ... go to your Java code. ... At this stage /don't/ use Eclipse to do this, ... Now you may see that your breakpoint has changed to show a '?'. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Perl Pro but Java Newbie: Need nudge in proper direction for my favorite Perl routine in Java
    ... I'm sure Eclipse has some abbreviation system, but the one is not based ... To be a bit less obtuse, there's still problems with your puts() method. ... This is more the Java idiom, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Java/eclipse in PPC
    ... I want to install Java and Eclipse to development. ... Java is "easy" because can be downloaded to www.ibm.com the version ... JVM Requesting Java core file ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)