Re: Netbeans 7.1.2 icon is not showing in Unity bar

On Thu 24 May 2012 1:01:36 PM Monte Milanuk wrote:
On 05/24/2012 05:52 AM, Md Ashickur Rahman Noor wrote:
Atl tab is not showing any netbens.

I've had similar problems with Eclipse... another predominantely *Java*
based application. Some times it will show up in the Unity
Launcher/dock correctly, some (most) times it will not. I'd asked on
askubuntu.com and others noted the same problem (with Eclipse) and it
seems the consensus is that something involving the Java-based apps does
not fully conform to or integrate with the the standard that Unity uses...

A search of Launchpad showed the below BUGS for Java + Unity

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/757991 : java applications a double icon
appears
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/779802 : dock fails to autohide some
java applications
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/799887 : Java application
can crash unity-window-decorator (compiz-decorator)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1745436 : Unity global menu not
working with Java application - had to switch to classic desktop

But i guess you will find this interesting :
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici/archive/2010/11/10/running-
netbeans-ubuntu-unity-application-launcher : Running NetBeans from the Ubuntu
Unity application launcher

I however have no experience with this issue since I am on KDE

-- &RU Chelladurai