/tmp & /var/tmp in ubuntu

comparing to solaris in which /tmp actually affects system RAM. so you should not keep anything big in /tmp.

is it the same in ubuntu?

can i keep my tmp data in /var/tmp? or is it primarily meant for apps only to use?

ty.
Rajeev--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Other linux systems are not as easy as Ubuntu - my opinion
    ... Solaris 10 and couldnt get things to work. ... I made a phone call a minute ago saying, "I installed Ubuntu on 8 ... difficult to install and therefore, who knows if its good to use. ... Adding to the not-so-little fact that Solaris is not Linux. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Is Sun sincere about encouraging new Solaris users?
    ... However, the users are pretty clearly voting for Ubuntu, ... corporate email system you mentioned. ... situation vis a vis Solaris. ... community) has not copied the approach of a number of Linux vendors WRT ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Linux vs Unix
    ... Ubuntu 8.10 la perfeccionaron y, segun veo, podria reemplazar con ventaja a VMWare. ... Saludos cordiales ... semejante poder. ... Linux puede superar y suplantar a Solaris y Unix ...
    (soc.culture.argentina)
  • Re: Newcomer to solaris
    ... I will be installing on a 4 year old home assembled Athlon system at ... This is currently my backup Ubuntu system. ... line, "Solaris on Dell M6400") ... Solaris 10 is mainly for those that don't want to take risk. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Newcomer to solaris
    ... This is currently my backup Ubuntu system. ... The point you seem to be missing, is that the latest development releases of Solaris, such as the OpenSolaris, are more useful for the experimenter. ... Solaris 10 is mainly for those that don't want to take risk. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)