howtubuntu

I don't know if people out there fell frustrated like I am - so I will
expose some of my frustations.

In open source world I get used to understand how stuff works - by reading
source codes and/or reading deep and wide articles on the net.

Except when subjects are related to how distros are built, how livecds boot
up, how d-i and ubiquity came up, how X and ldm and gnome-session are
invoked (in installation process).

I have followed some ubuntu helps like InstallCDCustomization and
LiveCDCustomization - which are very good recipes (in fact I managed to get
my own custom .iso). But they don't fill the gap, answering why and how it
works.

I know that Ubuntu does it very well and I should not care how does it work
- but I am getting an obssession on this.

I would like to know if people on the list fell (or felt) the same I do.

Thanks,

Valter

  • Re: GUI goodness for your Mouse and Keyboard programming
    ... HIDPoint can be considered as a Linux version of Logitech’s or Microsoft’s Keyboard and Mouse configuration software... ... zealot but if the product /isn't/ open source then your mail to this ... It is for Ubuntu users. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Udungtu 8.10 - surprise!
    ... Then the next day you sit around jacking each other off and slurp monkey cum all day and then release some shitty code again. ... Open source can be as idealistic as Marxist utopia, or as realistic high quality, efficient production machine, why don't these open source developers for Ubuntu have no, to very little customers? ... There are millions of home users, businesses and government offices using Ubuntu. ... Change it, let's see the faith, and belief in this open source venture, called Ubuntu. ...
  • Re: Udungtu 8.10 - surprise!
    ... Open source can be as idealistic as Marxist utopia, or as realistic high quality, efficient production machine, why don't these open source developers for Ubuntu have no, to very little customers? ... There are millions of home users, businesses and government offices using Ubuntu. ... An amusing aside for all others except Alias. ...
  • Re: Ubuntu reaches out to embarrassed SuSE devs
    ... join the Ubuntu community - in any capacity, ... package maintainers. ... If you want to find out how Ubuntu works, ... The issue is really about a commitment to open source - how committed ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: The problem ubuntu/canonical needs to address
    ... components of my company's stack is based on open source products like ... Server/Debian Server. ... I know open source is different ballgame, ... a very optimistic about ubuntu only because its backed by a commercial ...
    (Ubuntu)