deleting ~/Desktop directory FIXED!
- From: Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 16:50:35 -0400
Ah! Found IT! Thanks to all that suggested this!
Change Desktop entry to Desktop.old, save, exit gedit and log out
Notice new Desktop.old directory pops up now
The Desktop directory gone.
I created my link from /opt/wayward4now/Desktop Desktop
It's there. Re-edited user-dirs.dirs back to Desktop
- then saved it, exited gedit and logged out, and back in.
Now, the linked Desktop directory is back as it should be.
Damn! The average Ubuntu #$%^&@ user hasn't a chance without this crowd of neuromancers assisting. Ric
My father, Victor Moore (Vic) used to say:
"There are two Great Sins in the world...
..the Sin of Ignorance, and the Sin of Stupidity.
Only the former may be overcome." R.I.P. Dad.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: Update package without updating the OS
- Next by Date: Re: deleting ~/Desktop directory FIXED!
- Previous by thread: Update package without updating the OS
- Next by thread: Re: deleting ~/Desktop directory FIXED!