Screenshot only shows desktop background or completely black (12.04)

Hello,

I want to make a couple of screen shots of running applications. When I
press the print screen button it makes a screen shot sound and I get the
dialog window for saving the screen shot, but nothing is in it. Previously
it only showed my desktop background but now it is completely black.

I tried installing another application called Shutter but this program has
the same behavior. I am running Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS inside a Virtual
Box environment on a Windows 7 host system. I already asked for some
support over at Virtual Box but I got referred back to Ubuntu being told
it must be a guest problem.

I hope somebody can provide a solution for my problem.

Kind regards,

Hans Vos

  • Re: Screenshot only shows desktop background or completely black (12.04)
    ... I want to make a couple of screen shots of running applications. ... dialog window for saving the screen shot, ... I am running Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS inside a Virtual ... If I deactivate the option in my Virtualbox-settings, I can make screenshots like before with every application I try. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Screenshot only shows desktop background or completely black (12.04)
    ... I want to make a couple of screen shots of running applications. ... dialog window for saving the screen shot, ... I am running Ubuntu Desktop 12.04 LTS inside a Virtual ... deactivate the option in my Virtualbox-settings, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Virus problem...
    ... evidently it is not impossible to get a virus in Ubuntu... ... look at this screen shot of clamav. ... When I select quarantine file from the clamav pop up menu, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: OpenOffice instability issues
    ... Very strange indeed....I have never experienced this problem with Ubuntu. ... OpenOffice has always ran flawlessly for me... ... ended up with certain images missing, ... I attach a screen shot of what happens to the system memory after ...
    (Ubuntu)