Bump - Re: Remmina Configuration

Anyone using Remmina to access Win XP over ssh? I was hoping to discuss the following scenario:

On 06/29/2012 09:36 AM, Patton Echols wrote:
When I remote connect to my office (WinXP), I have been using a script that connects using rdesktop over ssh tunnel. It works, but there are some papercut issues I have not been able to resolve. Now that my laptop is upgraded to 12.04, I wanted to try out remmina and see if I like it.

The XP desktop is expecting an ssh connection with a stored public key. I don't want to change that end. but I am having trouble figuring out what to put where in the remmina gui. I'd appreciate any guidance. The script below.

#! /bin/bash

# ssh compress, redirect /dev/null, no remote console <host> <redirect> &=background

ssh -CnN -p 12345 patton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -L 3390:localhost:3389 &

#capture PID of ssh

PID=$!

#give a few seconds for the process to be set up

sleep 7

#start remote desktop

rdesktop -fzE -a 16 localhost:3390

# kill the ssh process after remote disconnects

echo "killing $PID"

kill $PID

echo "done, see you next time"

--
Patton Echols
M. Patton Echols, PC

  • Re: pid of a process in background
    ... My current need is to run an ssh tunnel opening my app and closing it ... this command send me a pid, and then when it's running in background I ... To put a program in the background means, more or less, that your shell ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • grab output from spawned command
    ... Way im thinking of doing it is by getting the pid of a spawned ssh ... want the whole script to fail. ... existence of a remote file so im using this connection test for 2 things). ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: get the pid of a process with pexpect
    ... tunnel for the duration of your script. ... PID in $! ... because SSH does not provide a way to get the PID of the tunnel if you ... start the tunnel from a shell you can't use $! ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: ssh
    ... I have an ssh key stashed already for my user ID, ... I dont understand what happens when pid does not equal 0, ... res = '' ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: [regression] nf_iterate(), BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference
    ... CPU 0 ... Pid: 5331, comm: ssh Not tainted 2.6.26 #21613 ...
    (Linux-Kernel)