grub option

Latest update on my not being able now to even log into Ubuntu.

It gets stuck on two places. Either it stops when it is 'Checking battery state...' or once I tried editing in Editing Menu I did clean then dpkg finally I clicked on grub. When I went to reboot it gave me a grub > option. I have no idea how to continue from here.

--
Nick

Sent from Windows XP on Duo Core

  • Re: download linux kernel 2.6.33.2
    ... I am running Ubuntu 8.04 with BIOS 2.6 24-27-generic. ... Fairly certain that you mean Ubuntu 8.04 with Linux Kernel 2.6.24-7 ... So first figure out whether it is the bios or grub that is giving you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: GRUB badly broken during upgrade
    ... I went to upgrade the Ubuntu to 11.10, and all seemed well until I ... root. ... When I had just installed Xubuntu, the grub menu would show its ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: GRUB badly broken during upgrade
    ... I went to upgrade the Ubuntu to 11.10, and all seemed well until I ... root. ... When I had just installed Xubuntu, the grub menu would show its ... Right now, on boot, your system goes straight to a grub rescue prompt? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: expand /boot partition?
    ... install several new Ubuntu versions from live or ... /dev/sda1 - Windows Vista ... I use the Windows Vista bootloader. ... I figure the menu just need to be told where grub is again.. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Fwd: CD/DVD drive problem
    ... "It must be a Ubuntu problem" seems to be a stock answer. ... source software ported to Windows for people I know who will only use ... Grub must at some point be probing the ide/ata devices, ... permanently disables it until the next hard boot. ...
    (Ubuntu)