SmartCard compatible reader (for SuisseID and in general)

At work, I'd like to be able to use SuisseID smart cards
(see or
I'd "need" that, to sign in to shops/sites, which use
SuisseID as an authentication mechanism.

Those SuisseID certs come in two forms:

1) a "USB dongle"
2) a SmartCard

I guess the SmartCard might have more chances to work
under Linux (ie. Ubuntu 12.04 64bit).

Can someone suggest a compatible SmartCard reader?

Or would somebody even know, if those USB dongles
(from Quovadis or SwissSign) work under Linux? As
I said, I need it to login to sites, using Firefox
or Chrome (Chrome preferred). I don't need to sign

☄ Google+ ↣
☛ Lifestream (Twitter, …) ↣
⚰ Twitter: @alexs77 ↣
☞ Chat (Jabber/Google Talk) ↣ a.skwar@xxxxxxxxx ☞