Network not coming in normal user

Hi all,

I am not able to access network (local lan & Internet) from my normal
user though it is working on root user. I am using Ubuntu 10.04 in my
laptop system. Can anyone help me to solve this problem ?

Regards,
Saikat Saha

  • Re: Homa - Ubuntu Addon CD
    ... I have plenty of disk and my internet is 4mb down ... install more than 60 packages on your installed Ubuntu. ... Homa will install these packages now, ... VLC Multimedia Player ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Oh, please, please, COME ON Ubuntu development people!
    ... I'm an old fart. ... when the first commercial internet ... been online in one shape or another - now running Ubuntu 10.10 - since ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: remote access to a linux machine
    ... to the internet through a router and cable modem. ... Does your router/modem have a _relatively_ static IP address on ... Ubuntu does include this, and there is more than enough help on the ... posting here isn't going to ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Taking of installing stuff in different OSs ..
    ... till I pull XP off the Mini onto a real PC and just leave OSX on there ... OSX and /or OSX and Ubuntu? ... I mean a raw install of OSX and Ubuntu on a Mini (not any ... blank CD and a bit of luck you could be on the Internet via Ubuntu ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Very slow network - Ubuntu
    ... slowed down considerably since I installed Ubuntu Dapper I ... and your internet connection, for the purposes of this message I will assume that your local LAN speed vastly exceeds the speed of your internet connection and you are using at least 100Mb ethernet. ... these tests should easily saturate your local LAN and leave no doubt about the integrity of the local LAN. ... If it turns out to be an ethernet issue, then given the lack of RX errors on your system, I would suspect a problem on the TX side, either in the cable or the hub/switch/router on the other end. ...
    (Debian-User)