Perf tool support in any ubuntu release
- From: Rizwana Begum <rizwana.043@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 11:26:02 -0400
I am trying to use perf tool. I have installed ubuntu 12.04 on Pandaboard.
After booting up the system, installed linux-tools. Which installed
linux-tools-3.0.0-25. running the perf, gives following error.
perf_3.0.0-25 stat ls
Error: open_counter returned with 19 (No such device). /bin/dmesg may
provide additional information.
Fatal: Not all events could be opened.
How do I fix the above problem? Did anyone get the perf to work on any
ubuntu releases on Pandaboard? I can use any build if perf and cpufreq are
I have actually tried various builds.(11.04,11.10, 12.04 and 12.10 alpha).
However, I couldn't get perf tool to work in any of these builds with the
This issue is actually blocking my research. Any help is appreciated.
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: GSSAPI / SASL problems of sasl2-bin on Ubuntu 10.04.4
- Next by Date: Re: [Hijacked "Can't log into Ubuntu"] Re: remaster ubuntu alternate
- Previous by thread: GSSAPI / SASL problems of sasl2-bin on Ubuntu 10.04.4
- Next by thread: Accessing a printer on wireless-connected host