etckeeper on 12.04 Desktop
- From: Phil Dobbin <bukowskiscat@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:24:00 +0100
I'm using etckeeper across all my distros (apart from OS X) & it works
fine on all except Precise.
It installs fine & when I do the original commit, it carries it out no
problem. The problem occurs when using either Software Update, Synaptic
or apt. I get no pre-commit or post-commit hook & the cron job doesn't
function either. It just flat out doesn't work.
All config files are correct. I've tried using git instead of bazaar
(Ubuntu installs etckeeper to default to bazaar) but no luck. I'm stumped.
I've installed it on three different machines running Precise one of
which was a clean install of 12.04 i686 from a Live CD so I'm thinking
it's highly unlikely that all three machines have something odd going on
to stop etckeeper from working.
I've Googled but not a trace of any similar problem can I find. I
thought I'd see if anyone here has had any experiences similar to this
with etckeeper on Precise before I head on over to Launchpad to file a bug.
Any help appreciated.
CentOS 6.3, Debian Squeeze, Fedora Beefy, OS X Snow Leopard, Ubuntu Precise
ubuntu-users mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
- Prev by Date: Re: ubuntu desktop 12.04 lts on nehalem workstation
- Next by Date: Re: ubuntu desktop 12.04 lts on nehalem workstation
- Previous by thread: ubuntu desktop 12.04 lts on nehalem workstation
- Next by thread: Networking issue with 64 bit Ubuntu Virtual Machine