Re: Linux Bridge Firewall NAT

From: Jeffrey Silverman (jeffrey_at_jhu.edu)
Date: 07/31/03

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:36:31 -0400

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:07:42 -0500, Steven Potter wrote:

> I have the following configuration:
<snip!>
> It seems that all of the websites that discuss this setup were last
> updated in 1996 an use kernel versions 2.0.X with ipchains. Any help or
> updated websites would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steven Potter

I found a list of great firewall scripts for Linux. They all are just
scripts that configure iptables.

All or most of the scripts in this list are
 * easy to install
 * easy to configure
 * highly configurable and flexible
 * installable in /etc/rc.d/init.d so can be maintained with chkconfig

http://www.linuxguruz.com/iptables/

good luck...

--
    Jeffrey D. Silverman | jeffrey AT jhu DOT edu
Johns Hopkins University | Baltimore, MD

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What is playing videos in web browsers?
    ... updating as those websites change the way they do things. ... a library of scripts that deal with particular websites which even ... which are there to let people watch videos attempt to make watching them ... people creating plugins that don't work or don't do anything? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Linux Bridge Firewall NAT
    ... > updated websites would be much appreciated. ... I found a list of great firewall scripts for Linux. ... * easy to install ... Jeffrey D. Silverman | jeffrey AT jhu DOT edu ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Linux Bridge Firewall NAT
    ... > updated websites would be much appreciated. ... I found a list of great firewall scripts for Linux. ... * easy to install ... Jeffrey D. Silverman | jeffrey AT jhu DOT edu ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: TV Stand is coming along
    ... sake, ENCOURAGE, advertisers... ... Scripts served up (which your browser ALLOWS, then executes, usually by ... Websites can't "make" you do or accept anything. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: jQuery + IE8--told you so
    ... I mean the issue of whether somebody uses jQuery on their ... confused and interdependent scripts on Websites. ... helpful discussions about the core language here. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)