Re: Linux Bridge Firewall NAT

From: Jeffrey Silverman (jeffrey_at_jhu.edu)
Date: 07/31/03

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:36:31 -0400

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:07:42 -0500, Steven Potter wrote:

> I have the following configuration:
<snip!>
> It seems that all of the websites that discuss this setup were last
> updated in 1996 an use kernel versions 2.0.X with ipchains. Any help or
> updated websites would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steven Potter

I found a list of great firewall scripts for Linux. They all are just
scripts that configure iptables.

All or most of the scripts in this list are
 * easy to install
 * easy to configure
 * highly configurable and flexible
 * installable in /etc/rc.d/init.d so can be maintained with chkconfig

http://www.linuxguruz.com/iptables/

good luck...

--
    Jeffrey D. Silverman | jeffrey AT jhu DOT edu
Johns Hopkins University | Baltimore, MD