Re: A Simple Linux question?

From: Lenroc (lenroc_at_NOSPAMFORYOU.hotmail.com)
Date: 08/21/03

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:48:19 -0700

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 03:38:38 +0100, half_pint said:

> Here's a simple answer half_pint go to ebay, you can get
> linux 'woody' for about 6.

Have fun. Good luck.

Sure hope that the CD they send you is clean.

I don't know if there is a way to check the hash of a full CD (I know you
can for a file), but if there is I would sure recommend you do so.

You originally asked for a place to download Linux or get a free CD. I
gave you a link to find where to download RedHat. You responded by finding
the one link on the page to buy the distro, instead of downloading it.

As I mentioned in another post, you will not have a pleasant experience if
you can't read a site and find what you are looking for.

--
Lenroc

Relevant Pages

  • Re: A Simple Linux question?
    ... Good luck. ... >> Sure hope that the CD they send you is clean. ... >> You originally asked for a place to download Linux or get a free CD. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: A Simple Linux question?
    ... > Have fun. ... Good luck. ... > Sure hope that the CD they send you is clean. ... > You originally asked for a place to download Linux or get a free CD. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: about:blank
    ... cleaning, a re-install of the OS may often be a better choice than cleaning. ... If you want to try and clean your machine, then read ALL of this carefully ... Before you try to remove spyware using any of the programs below, download ... The process of removing certain malware may kill your internet connection. ...
  • Re: about:blank
    ... cleaning, a re-install of the OS may often be a better choice than cleaning. ... If you want to try and clean your machine, then read ALL of this carefully ... Before you try to remove spyware using any of the programs below, download ... The process of removing certain malware may kill your internet connection. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: IE Links dont work
    ... Download sysclean.com, from Trend Micro, here: ... in Safe mode or from a Clean Boot and clean or delete anything ... In the Startup tab, ... programs report as spyware. ...