Re: Newbie Dual Boot, Dual HD Question

From: Saber-69 (odaat69_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/06/03

    Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 08:25:28 -0400

    I have sucessfully loaded Mandrake using the scenario you mentioned
    above.
    I can't answer many questions as I am a linux newbee myself although
    in computing for 25 years. However I can lend some assistance on your
    concern merely because I went through it.
    I had a single 20 gig hd with ME loaded. I bought a second hd with 80
    gig, and tranferred ME to it with the intention of loading Mandrake to
    the original 20g. After doing so I then rebooted and interrupted to go
    the BIOS setup, changing it to boot from the CD-rom first. With the
    Mandrake disc in place I then rebooted again and let Mandrake take
    over erasing and preparing the first drive for it's installment, (only
    after quadriply rechecking my ME setup to make sure IT worked with no
    problems).

    Is was painless!
    Now when I reboot I get 5 different choices as to operating system and
    after about 30 seconds if no choice is made it defaults to Mandrake.

    • Re: Newbie Dual Boot, Dual HD Question
      ... I have sucessfully loaded Mandrake using the scenario you mentioned ... changing it to boot from the CD-rom first. ... Now when I reboot I get 5 different choices as to operating system and ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: installing on a K6 500 problems...help!
      ... > the whole install process to finish, when I reboot the screen gets full of ... > zeros and ones! ... The same with Mandrake 6.1. ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: Clearing tmp files
      ... /tmp is an virtual filesystem that just exists in RAM and is ... therefore cleaned on every reboot. ... IIRC - some versions of Mandrake do that. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: solaris drive reading from linux
      ... Then I can mount on the mandrake ... > side and read again until i reboot. ... After that the partition table is ... > corrupt again. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)