java problem

From: Rob (bucfan9SPAM_at_netscape.net)
Date: 09/06/03

Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 12:31:02 GMT

 I formated and reinstalled Mandrake 9.1. I had Java working numerous times
on different computers. I have never had this problem. I downloaded java
from
sun.(I have tried the bin and rpm file) installed java and linked the gcc32
plug in to my netscape 7.1 plugin directory. Netscape says the java plugin
is there and working, but it never loads. Here is the error I get on java
console:

load: class WMPNS.WMP not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: WMPNS.WMP
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
        at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
        at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
        at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed.
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
        at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        ... 10 more

PLEASE help
Rob

--
Remove "SPAM" to Reply

Relevant Pages

  • Re: improving Java Applet performance
    ... Knute Johnson wrote: ... noticeable delay between the time the page loads and the applet ... I looked at this page with FF3 and IE7, neither gave any warnings or were slow. ... For the FF problem, while the applet is open, double click on the Java icon in your system and check the version. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: TOTALLY remove java from windows xp
    ... on the pc the page loads with errors at bottom of page. ... Uninstalled java through add/remove. ... SO thinking of a total uninstall of java and reinstall to create folders. ... I quit using IE a long time ago in favor of Firefox except for certain ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: TOTALLY remove java from windows xp
    ... on the pc the page loads with errors at bottom of page. ... Uninstalled java through add/remove. ... I ran a clean up utility the other week and wondered if some empty folders used for cacheing may have been removed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: TOTALLY remove java from windows xp
    ... on the pc the page loads with errors at bottom of page. ... Uninstalled java through add/remove. ... SO thinking of a total uninstall of java and reinstall to create folders. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: TOTALLY remove java from windows xp
    ... on the pc the page loads with errors at bottom of page. ... Map on right of page does not load. ... Uninstalled java through add/remove. ... I ran a clean up utility the other week and wondered if some empty folders ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)