Re: Cannot install any DVD software on redhat 8.0

From: Walter Mautner (NEWS.10.eatallspam_at_spamgourmet.com)
Date: 09/08/03

Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 19:52:06 +0200

password wrote:

> I am new to linux and I am working hard to see how I can watch DVD on
> my redhat 8.0 system. I was able to watch DVD with mandrake 9.2 very
> well. However, I found some annoyances with mandrake so I switched to
> redhat 8.0 and since then, no matter what I did nothing worked!

I suppose, you have to expect some annoyances with Mandrake 9._2_. Just
because it's a _beta_ version. Now, for Mandrake you probably used some
rpms (codename decss) from the Penguin Liberation Front (plf). Should also
work for Redhat ...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Switching to Linux, now what to buy?
    ... but I have no idea what flavor of linux to buy. ... I also like RedHat, but I see so many different ... >version of dhcp until I talked to my friend who installed the latest ... >Mandrake 1.5 years ago. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: I am amazed....
    ... Anyone got that Micro$oft feeling with RedHat$! ... > a late middle aged adult who started learning linux about 2+ yrs. ago. ... > at Mandrake by so many people in the Red Hat community. ... > to run to another quasi-commercial package rather than Mandrake. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Is RedHat 9 or Fedora is better Replacemnet ?
    ... >> Mandrake 10 is the easiest distribution to install. ... The last great Redhat ... > upgrade to fedora sometime in the future. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: RedHat 9.0, 9.0.93 Beta?, Fedora, Whats Going On?
    ... >> I am a long time user of RedHat and I am very happy with it. ... >> I read about Fedora and it will not be supported by RedHat. ... > as good as 7.3 until i went to Mandrake, let alone the support and smooth ...