Re: wine issues

From: Paul Lutus (nospam_at_nosite.zzz)
Date: 09/26/03

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 01:23:41 -0700

mjt-pca wrote:

> Paul Lutus wrote:
>
>> mjt-pca wrote:

>>> try
>>>
>>> `find / -name wine`
>>
>> Please! That is the very slowest way to find something on a Linux system.
>
> On *ALL* Linux systems, hmmmmmmmmm?

Your words, not mine. Read the first post. "Mandrake Linux 9.1". Virtually
all recent Linux releases have both "whereis" and "locate." AFAIK all
recent releases have "whereis."

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: wine issues
    ... could be using ANY Linux such as Linux for the IBM mainframe, the Mac, ... I checked does not contain whereis or locate. ... Still, guess I was wrong about having any files called cats, eh? ... or made a _mistake_ that ended up installing in /opt or /wine ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: wine issues
    ... could be using ANY Linux such as Linux for the IBM mainframe, the Mac, ... I checked does not contain whereis or locate. ... Still, guess I was wrong about having any files called cats, eh? ... or made a _mistake_ that ended up installing in /opt or /wine ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Where is everything?
    ... 'yum search ' ... 'which' and 'whereis' do not find doc files because they only check ... help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today. ... to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look* at it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Where is everything?
    ... referred to in the question which and whereis seem more logical options. ... help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today. ... to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look* at it. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: which ls
    ... > ls is aliased to ls-F ... knathan@allevil:~> whereis ls ... The command line is the front line. ... Linux 2.4.20-4GB-athlon ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)