Re: Windows HD

From: Paul Lutus (nospam_at_nosite.zzz)
Date: 10/07/03

Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:42:47 -0700

Caleb Hanger wrote:

> Hello,
> I've got two hard drives, seen by Linux as hda and hdb. I have a
> windblows partition taking up all of hda, and all my linux stuff is on
> hdb. Mandrake automatically detected my windblows on hda (cool :)), and
> mounts it at boot under /mnt/windows. The drive gets read perfectly,
> but it will not let me add or delete files. I've tried many different
> combinations in /etc/fstab, but I can't seem to get write access to
> /mnt/windows, even as root user!

Can you see the drive at all? If so, please list the mounting line from
/etc/fstab and tell us what permissions you want.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Moving swap & /home to another hard drive.
    ... different cables (ie hda and hdc or hda and hdd) ... Just list them both in /etc/fstab and let linux choose which one to use when. ... assuming both hard drives are relatively close in ... and potentially doubling swap performance. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Windows HD
    ... > windblows partition taking up all of hda, and all my linux stuff is on ... Any chance the Windows drive is NTFS format? ... stable Linux programs that will write to a NTFS drive. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Where the F**K do I begin?
    ... gig harddrive to install it on, and by swapping hard drives, I can put ... you can purchase Xandros Linux at most Office Depot stores! ... I pick up free curbside donation systems, and install a GNU/Linux Distro ... I dont care about dual booting. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Starting with Linux
    ... My experience level with SUSE Linux is about zip but the min requirements ... setting the DMA does not work. ... hard drives - including some older SCSI drives I plan to test. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: No space left on device
    ... > I'm a VERY new linux user trying to administer an existing linux box to ... The distribution comes with many packages which duplicate each ... and only support hard drives up to 8Gig (try ... you want, and install it). ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)