Re: Windows HD

From: wesley (w_olandat_at_yahoodot.com)
Date: 10/07/03

Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:35:29 -0500

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:32:53 +0000, Caleb Hanger wrote:

> Hello,
> I've got two hard drives, seen by Linux as hda and hdb. I have a
> windblows partition taking up all of hda, and all my linux stuff is on
> hdb. Mandrake automatically detected my windblows on hda (cool :)), and
> mounts it at boot under /mnt/windows. The drive gets read perfectly,
> but it will not let me add or delete files. I've tried many different
> combinations in /etc/fstab, but I can't seem to get write access to
> /mnt/windows, even as root user!
>
> Any help here would be hot!
> --Jar Jar Binks
>
> -Caleb

Any chance the Windows drive is NTFS format? Don't believe there are any
stable Linux programs that will write to a NTFS drive. Read-only works
fine, though.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows HD
    ... > I've got two hard drives, seen by Linux as hda and hdb. ... > windblows partition taking up all of hda, and all my linux stuff is on ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Help with file association and another question
    ... > Win XP on HDA Linux on HDB ... > I want to open RPM packages to install some other software but GNOME wants ... > How do i set it to read and access HDA ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Boot disk with utilities
    ... partition and restore an image. ... I recognised your Linux association immediately when I visited your ... NTFS format. ... I went to your web site and clicked on what seemed to be the right ...
  • Re: Moving swap & /home to another hard drive.
    ... different cables (ie hda and hdc or hda and hdd) ... Just list them both in /etc/fstab and let linux choose which one to use when. ... assuming both hard drives are relatively close in ... and potentially doubling swap performance. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • kernell panic
    ... ho appena installato linux sul computer, ... se lascio partire subito linux si blocca tutto. ... hda: dma_intr: status=0x84 ... se invece aspetto almeno un minuto prima di avviare linux tutto procede ...
    (Debian-User)