Re: usb hd

From: Walter Mautner (newnews.15.eatallspam_at_spamgourmet.com)
Date: 11/10/03

Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 23:39:57 +0100

steve wrote:

> I am running mandrake on my hp laptop,
> however being a laptop i lack storage space.
> I would like to use an external usb hard drive
> but am not sure of the config if any i need.
> i tried just pluging it in but no luck.
> what do i need to do to see it this device lists
> drivers for all wndows 95 and up as well as os8 through X.

Try insmod usb-storage and "service harddrake start".
Watch out for /dev/sd* - links, use mcc to verify.

 to remove offending incompatible products.  Reactivate your MS software
 (3 days grace period). [2.4.22-24mdkpktcdvd/Athlon]

Relevant Pages

  • usb hd
    ... I am running mandrake on my hp laptop, ... however being a laptop i lack storage space. ... I would like to use an external usb hard drive ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • Re: Trouble restoring data on Palm T5
    ... Steve L wrote: ... But my contacts, calender, etc data are on the laptop. ... bunch of other files related to various apps that I added in the past. ... Search in your desktop's Palm folder for your Backup folder. ...
    (comp.sys.palmtops.pilot)
  • Re: Unable to connect to http://support.microsoft.com
    ... Thank you very much Steve. ... Your suggested notepad solution did indeed work. ... >>daughter's Hamilton College IT department did when they connected this laptop ... no Novell or Netware programs appear. ...
  • Re: Microsoft continues to re-enforce Apple marketing messages
    ... Steve de Mena wrote: ... doesn't make a laptop that's big and cheap. ... Did the Microsoft ad mention a MacBook Pro at all? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Microsoft continues to re-enforce Apple marketing messages
    ... Steve de Mena wrote: ... The only negative thing we learn about Apple in this ad is that Apple ... doesn't make a laptop that's big and cheap. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)