Re: . The Problem Today .

From: John Bailo (jabailo_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 11/16/03

Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 09:50:28 GMT

Ohmster wrote:
> thad01@dexter.glaci.com wrote in
>

>>The really nice thing is that now that the Mac OS is
>>actually UNIX under the hood, it connects into the house Linux
>>network with no trouble.
>

> Question: Can you actually get at the "Unix under the hood" in a Mac, like
> say a CLI interface, or is it buried under the GUI interface, never to be
> touched by human eyes?

you can open an xTerm and run standard unix commands.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: . The Problem Today .
    ... > network with no trouble. ... Can you actually get at the "Unix under the hood" in a Mac, ... say a CLI interface, or is it buried under the GUI interface, never to be ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: . The Problem Today .
    ... > network with no trouble. ... Can you actually get at the "Unix under the hood" in a Mac, ... say a CLI interface, or is it buried under the GUI interface, never to be ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Big Mac Hoax 2: "OS X is Unix"
    ... Linux is awash in "support". ... you are not likely to catch a Mac advocate admitting to it. ... you are a normal user of a unix like system, ... under the hood as along as it works for them. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • . Steve Jobs .
    ... " Can you actually get at the ' Unix under the hood ' ... I don't have a Mac, But I'm sure that the answer is yes. ... (If you've got the money) ...
    (alt.linux)