Re: Boot "different reading" why?

From: J.O. Aho (user_at_example.net)
Date: 11/27/03

Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:03:54 +0100

Roxanne Kedge wrote:
> I am now able to boot from flopppy but now it's reading index.html as
> index~1.html
>
> can anyone tell me why and what can i do about it?
>
> thanks in advance

Seems like you have had a visit of vfat/ntfs... those filesystems are a bit
strange, just rename the file: mv "index~1.html" index.html

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Disk boot failure
    ... After reading the GB of RAM, it repeated, doing the same ... You could try putting a DOS boot disk in and see if it'll boot to that - ... power supply - sometimes the fan fails on that and you need to replace ... liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: NTLDR - MISSING ERROR
    ... and then directly went to the NTLDR Missing Error. ... That will tell me if my CD rom drive is actually reading ... CD to boot with first and I still get the NTLDR is Missing error. ... I tried using my windows CD to boot with and pressed any CD like it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [linux-lvm] 2.6.22-rc5 XFS fails after hibernate/resume
    ... Are you reading the system image from the device attached to the first ... wrote a few Gb of video and did a kernel compile. ... EH occurs during boot, suspend and resume all the time. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: cups bug #741528 "makes system unbootable"
    ... Am I reading this correctly to assume that if I allow cups to be ... upgraded my system will not boot? ... Reading the bug report: ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Boot Loaders
    ... reading various posts on the mailing list, I believe I already know the ... FreeBSD doesn't need a specialized ... really wanted to you can use XP's "boot ... loader" to load FreeBSD. ...
    (freebsd-questions)