Re: how to mount /etc on /dev/hda2

From: chip (c_at_c)
Date: 12/01/03

Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 17:18:56 +0100

roger wrote:
> chip wrote:
>
>> trivial question (newbie)
>> how to have /etc mounted on /dev/hda2
>> instead of /dev/hda1 (default at startup)
>>
> I think you've misunderstood the concept
> of mounting a little bit...
> do a
> $ man mount
> and then
> $ less /usr/doc/Linux-HOWTOS/Filesystem-HOWTO
> /R

I asked what a duck is and you say see the encyclopedia, the one with no
image!
Thank you BUT I still don't know what to do (man mount has 689 lines and
no example). Either you don't know, or you must be a little sadistic
(sorry, I am tired).

Relevant Pages

  • Re: how to mount /etc on /dev/hda2
    ... > trivial question (newbie) ... I think you've misunderstood the concept ... of mounting a little bit... ... $ man mount ...
    (alt.linux)
  • cannot boot-up linux, unable to read superblock
    ... mount: error 22 mounting ext3 ... enable lvm and tried fsck for the volumes (one is empty volume? ... Attempt to read block from filesystem resulted in short read while trying to open /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 ...
    (RedHat)
  • vfat iPod suddenly fails to write [was: Re: [solved] Re: mounting iPod with USB]
    ... >>which is just wack, afaict, seeing as it was mounting happily with ... > the sda3 is the one to mount. ... Sep 28 12:14:44 homeruns kernel: FAT: Directory bread ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Flying Lights
    ... generator with a B&M Lumotec plus 3W headlight. ... mount that makes a good hand held flashlight if needed ... I have several Cateye models which all use the same mounting you describe. ... I haven't noticed the 'L' rails themselves being chipped away. ...
    (rec.bicycles.misc)
  • Re: Universal naming arrangement
    ... universal naming system for reference to things which are external to ... matter of having a correct and up-to-date VFS mount table). ... this isn't actually too far off from how things work in the BGBScript VM already, just right now there is no automated mechanism for pulling packages down via HTTP or mounting and then executing them, but the basics exist. ... mostly, this more advanced case could probably be handled by a "console script" or similar though, basically a short script is executed as "the application" which proceeds to orchestrate pulling down, mounting, and executing the program. ...
    (comp.lang.misc)