Re: Setting hostname?

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_localhost.localdomain)
Date: 12/01/03

Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 20:56:05 GMT

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 21:19:49 +0100, Richard Adams wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:57:40 +0000, Bit Twister wrote:
>
>> Usually just using hostname will not save it into the RH config file
>> where it belongs so that it will be used during booting.
>
> Agreed, however it does give one the details, i suggest, if you use Redhat
> then tell the man what to do, i cant do that as i dont use Redhat.
> I could take a guess but that would be bad practice as i may well get it
> wrong.

And that is my problem. I do not have RH 9 and RH has changed the
names of the utilities which manage the config files so I cannot call
out the correct tool to use.

I think it is something like redhat-config-network

Relevant Pages

  • Re: XF86Config/Drivers
    ... I know that @#$%ing Google excuse for a Usenet client doesn't make it ... That's a really, really old Redhat. ... You typically generate the X config file (now called xorg.conf, ... X -config or a pointy-clicky GUI. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Graphic driver module for Trident cyberblade/xp
    ... XF86Config.debian is a config file for Debian ... XF86Config.redhat is a config file for redhat ... screen movement is fast but couldn't see a full screen mplayer. ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)
  • Re: squirrelmail probelm --Error opening ../data/default_pref
    ... I have installed the squirrelmail by default when redhat 8 was installed. ... the config file have also setup via. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • RE: Wemin IS cool
    ... On Behalf Of Ed Wilts ... > RedHat you can't do with it. ... Here's my config file for my simple 1 ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: New-be Question - Video Resolution
    ... > Experimenting with my first Linux install, and using RedHat from the book ... > Somehow I got the video resolution off. ... as 3.x and then the config file looks the same as the two laters does. ...
    (alt.linux)