Re: Cdrom missing

From: Bill Marcum (bmarcum_at_iglou.com.urgent)
Date: 12/07/03

Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 05:05:47 -0500

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 19:37:28 GMT, Rob
  <bucfan9SPAM@netscape.net> wrote:
> I was having trouble with my cd's and deleted them all and reinstalled
> them. I deleted the lines in fstab and mtab that referenced my cdroms. I
> also deleted some devices in /dev (hdd,scsii0,cdrom) I then reinstalled my
> DVD and burner using harddrake. My DVD player now works (hdd) and I can
> read files off of CDs, When I try to access my burner through /mnt I get
> this error: "/mnt/cdrom doesn't seem to exist anymore."

mkdir /mnt/cdrom

--
Thanks to Nigeria, any email with the word "urgent" in the subject
or address will be deleted.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cdrom missing
    ... Rob wrote: ... > DVD and burner using harddrake. ... My DVD player now works and I can ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: burnt out cd burner
    ... The cable and power plugs are good and the computer has no trouble ... finding a dvd player in place of the cd burner. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: DVD copy quality
    ... when played on an older set-top DVD player. ... I usually burn 16X DVD's at 12X but the burner is only 8X. ... Asus video w/64 meg ram ...
    (rec.video.dvd.tech)
  • Re: Troubleshoot disk play errors
    ... Both play fine on the computer. ... Using one DVD player they both give a disk read error and nothing happens at all, on a second player one of them plays, but very poorly, with stalling, stuttering and blocks of pixelated areas. ... What some people seem to use, is their favorite burner to do the burning, ... Drives can also go bad over time. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: Troubleshoot disk play errors
    ... Using one DVD player they both give a disk read error and nothing happens at all, on a second player one of them plays, but very poorly, with stalling, stuttering and blocks of pixelated areas. ... What some people seem to use, is their favorite burner to do the burning, ... On my current burner, I don't burn at maximum speed. ... Drives can also go bad over time. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)