I want Linux but.....

From: Bill~G (Bill~G_at_blazeconnect.net)
Date: 12/08/03

Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:51:04 -0500

.....I dont know what to get... I have a duron 1300 with 256 mg ram....what
I would like to do is put Linux on a second hard drive(20 gig)..is there an
easy to learn version for an old guy? I started with winn 95(about 8 years
ago) and worked my way up to winn xp pro,but I would love to try my hand at
linux if anyone has any ideas on where I should start...
Thanks
Bill~G(not Gates)

--
www.geocities.com/bills69olds

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I want Linux but.....In addition
    ... >ago) and worked my way up to winn xp pro,but I would love to try my hand at ... >linux if anyone has any ideas on where I should start... ... I couldn't find a guru, so I took my pc to a local shop. ... and after learning the special little tweaks of the system, ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: I want Linux but.....In addition
    ... >>ago) and worked my way up to winn xp pro,but I would love to try my hand at ... >>linux if anyone has any ideas on where I should start... ... >I couldn't find a guru, so I took my pc to a local shop. ... >and after learning the special little tweaks of the system, ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: I want Linux but.....rereply
    ... >ago) and worked my way up to winn xp pro,but I would love to try my hand at ... >linux if anyone has any ideas on where I should start... ... I couldn't find a guru, so I took my pc to a local shop. ... and after learning the special little tweaks of the system, ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: I want Linux but.....
    ... >ago) and worked my way up to winn xp pro,but I would love to try my hand at ... >linux if anyone has any ideas on where I should start... ... I said the heck with this and installed Knoppix from boot and ... On some of the newer pc's, tweak adjustments to the display ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: I want Linux but.....
    ... > ago) and worked my way up to winn xp pro,but I would love to try my hand ... > linux if anyone has any ideas on where I should start... ... It's generally accepted that Mandrake and Suse are the easiest to start ... recommendation. ...
    (alt.linux)