Wow Wow Wow .. GNU/Linux ROCKS!!!!

From: calmar (mac_at_calmar.ws)
Date: 12/10/03

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 05:16:20 +0100

Well,
I'm installing periodically linuxfromscratch.org. The last time
was about a year ago. (between those installs I use Windoof with
mostly GPL or at least open-source programs.

Anyway, after I found out how to increase the mouse speed in the
X86Config ( p.e with :Option "resolution" "300" in the mouse
section (even I would still prefer a even faster mouse)), and
beeing able to speed up the monitor frequency with building a
proper modeline (with `xvidtune' + a proper clock-frequency found
by try and error), and getting a working sound on my NVidia
nforce2 board, I'm really impressed now!!!

I was just watching a DVD movie with the `gmplayer' on Linux ( after trying
out serveral share/free or other DVD programs under windows
without success (no proper sound, no working menu ..etc)), and
that I'm able to watch a DVD out of the box on Linux, but failing
to watch it so far on Windows, is really what I expected at least.

Anyway, the time when I can move the MS-windows partition into
the trash, obviously comes closer pretty fast!

I hope companies like the ones who produce 'Fritz - the chess
program' will realease a Linux version soon, which would instantly
give me the possibility to remove Windows in my case.

Anyway, GREAT thanks too all who supports FSF, Linux, XFree,
open-source and so on (I try my best too) .. because it's definitely
gives an option to MS policy/products, AND it has a great BASIS ... AFAIK
Richard Stallman was really very important, even so
there are obvioulsy nowadays serveral slightly different options
about how it should be done.

Greetings

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Apple in danger?
    ... Owned it from the very first version in my Windows days. ... I think this old version runs ok under WINE (on Linux), ... as I'd love to convert the arcade machine over to Linux. ... If you haven't seen it this could be worth a blank DVD: ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Nicht komprimiertes Backup auf DVD
    ... dass alle Dateirechte und Benutzer und Attribute fuer den Alle des Falles ebenfalls gesichert werden muessen. ... Andrerseits soll jederzeit *schneller* ungehinderter Zugriff auch von Windows und anderen System moeglich sein. ... Die Dateirechte + Benutzer bleiben erhalten, wenn Du die DVD unter Linux ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Re: mplayer vs realvideo
    ... rather than the Linux one? ... Sometimes I'll test both Linux & windows codecs for ... use that I make of it is with DVD shrink. ... I usually use the dumpstream option with mplayer, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Linux Fails The Family Test BADLY!
    ... > Linux community for some odd reason. ... > DVD players come with a DVD containing players, ... How does a person know to download Eudora/Firefox/Freeagent for Windows? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)