Re: Verdana Fonts Permission & Html Builder

From: J.O. Aho (user_at_example.net)
Date: 12/28/03

Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 02:01:15 +0100

Roxanne Kedge wrote:
>>In short: If you do not own a legal copy of Microsoft Windows, you aren't
>>allowed to use the fonts.
>

> Thank you. It's unreal that they have such "legal rights". Microsoft fonts are
> pretty nice. I have removed them "all verdana.ttf and deleted .exe file as
> well.".
>
> I may need to buy Windows copy in near futre due to fonts..
>
> Thanks again

Get hold of an old win3.x that is enough, you can get it fro a few bucks

Relevant Pages

  • [NT] Windows Embedded Open Type (EOT) Font Heap Overflow
    ... The following security advisory is sent to the securiteam mailing list, and can be found at the SecuriTeam web site: http://www.securiteam.com ... A vulnerability in the way that Windows uncompresses Embedded Open Type ... fonts allow the author of a malicious web page to execute arbitrary code ... A heap overflow vulnerability exists in T2EMBED.DLL, ...
    (Securiteam)
  • Re: Changing default "Add Fonts" folder
    ... Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User ... Folder customizations ... I g2g to sleep. ... > Just drag the fonts in. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Openoffice disadvantages?
    ... And especially, interfaces with the outside world well, both in Mac word processors and the PC world, which I suppose is dominated by Microsoft Word, WordPad and Notepad included in Windows 2000/XP/Vista. ... No built-in fonts menu/fonts list, but only the ability to use the built-in FontBook list in the OS X systems. ... Also opening Mac-made .odt docs in Staroffice on windows is just as the original or visa-versa - opening starOffice .odt documents in Openoffice on a Mac is perfect. ... They chose three test persons - all dedicated MSOffice users and replaced their original computers with models set up only with Openoffice. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Openoffice disadvantages?
    ... WordPad and Notepad included in Windows 2000/XP/Vista. ... No built-in fonts menu/fonts list, ... OOo 3.0 is so fast and reliable that it very well can replace MSOffice ... documents in Openoffice on a Mac is perfect. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Changing default "Add Fonts" folder
    ... Ramesh - Microsoft MVP ... Windows XP Shell ... > Just drag the fonts in. ... When I want to install one or more of them for a few minutes I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)