Re: linux audio recording software?

From: Val (vblant_at_shaw.ca)
Date: 01/05/04

    Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 19:30:03 GMT

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 11:04:34 -0800, mm wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Are there any native Linux recording/audio-midi recording programs out yet?
    > I am used to Cubase SX (very professional results) in a Windows platform, so
    > am looking for something comparable to that. My soundcard (Echo Mia) doesn't
    > state any Linux compatability, but I'm sure if someone has gone to the
    > trouble to write a program, they might be able to produce a driver.
    >
    > Am I making any sense???
    >
    > Thanks....

    Rezound (rezound.sourceforge.net) also looks very promising. CoolEdit
    style interface.

    • Re: linux audio recording software?
      ... > I am used to Cubase SX in a Windows platform, ... My soundcard (Echo Mia) doesn't ... Jeffrey D. Silverman | jeffrey AT jhu DOT edu Website | http://www.wse.jhu.edu/newtnotes/ ...
      (alt.linux)
    • Re: High Latency Using Cubase SX VST Instruments
      ... I had similar problems using Cubase SL, however I sorted them out by going ... Ensure that your best performing soundcard is selected from the dropdown ... Below the "VST Audiobay" you will probably see the name of your soundcard, ...
      (rec.music.makers.synth)
    • Re: About using 2 soundcards
      ... The default soundcard is just one, ... If I open Cubase, for instance, I just get the inputs from my selected ... Not sure that helps you any, and I don't run two cards any more anyway. ... Why Windows Media Player? ...
      (uk.music.guitar)
    • Re: High Latency Using Cubase SX VST Instruments
      ... new soundcard at this time. ... very well with acceptable latency on a 2.4GHz/512MB system. ... check that cubase ... I have had at least 4 Arturia Mini-Moogs up and running in standalone ...
      (rec.music.makers.synth)
    • Re: New Toys but Q
      ... I've got my soundcard output plugged directly ... what woul dteh advantages of feeding it back to the mixer? ... from your guitar through the soundcard, then into the recording package (buffering), out of the recording package, through the sound card and back to your ears. ... It works with Cubase and means that the signal is sent from the input of the soundcard to the output without having to go through Cubase. ...
      (uk.music.guitar)