installing on a K6 500 problems...help!

From: gil (gilpi_at_NOSPAMmindspring.com)
Date: 01/31/04

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:34:49 GMT

Trying to install different versions of Linux...older 2.2 Caldera goes thru
the whole install process to finish, when I reboot the screen gets full of
zeros and ones! The same with Mandrake 6.1.
With the Fedora version of Red Hat, at the end it tells me the machine is
not compatable to run Linux!
Im using a K6 500, 196000 ram with a 10 gb hdd.

Any thoughts?

Thanks....Gil

--
Remove NOSPAM to reply

Relevant Pages

  • Re: installing on a K6 500 problems...help!
    ... > the whole install process to finish, when I reboot the screen gets full of ... > zeros and ones! ... The same with Mandrake 6.1. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: installing on a K6 500 problems...help!
    ... > the whole install process to finish, when I reboot the screen gets full of ... > zeros and ones! ... know, I havent tried Fedora. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: problems installing with K6 500
    ... > the whole install process to finish, when I reboot the screen gets full of ... > zeros and ones! ... The same with Mandrake 6.1. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • problems installing with K6 500
    ... Trying to install different versions of Linux...older 2.2 Caldera goes thru ... the whole install process to finish, when I reboot the screen gets full of ... zeros and ones! ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • CD boot problem
    ... Sincere thanks for your replies. ... The CD I am using is an licensed OEM CD (it came with the ... I'll try ejecting the CD during the reboot, ... install process again - I'm in an endless loop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)