Re: Adding Linux machine to existing wireless WinXP network - Heeeelllllp!

From: H. Simpson (doh_at_nunya.biz)
Date: 02/01/04

    Date: 1 Feb 2004 12:19:03 -0600

    Okeeedokeee, boys and girls... Samba is running!

    Basically, reviewed a few things, made sure that users in Linux were same as
    network users, reviewed configs, everything fine...still no joy. Then found
    a book reference to the "C:\Windows\System32\hosts" files. hmmmmm... checked
    it and created pointer to connect server name to ip address (go figure).
    Funny, in all the references and web sites I read (tons of 'em) only one
    mentioned this little fact.

    I suspect that I can create this pointer on my router config and save the
    trouble of making changes to each machine. I still have one issue, though. I
    cannot see all of my shared XP folders from the linux box. LinNeighborhood
    shows my primary shared folder, but not all of the sub-folders under it-only
    one actually. It also shows my drives as $C $D, etc., but I don't seem to
    be able to access them. I've checked XP settings til I'm blue and no go...?

    Anyway... thanks for the assist... now, on to the Apache serve!