PC-Tools for Linux?

From: Roger Johansson (no-email_at_home.se)
Date: 02/06/04

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:36:56 +0100

I often find myself wandering around in linux using simple commands like ls
cd cd .. executing commands like umssync xf86config etc..

Is there some program I can use like PC-Tools, or Norton Commander?

I saw an mc (midnight commander), in some distro, it wasn't much, but
better than nothing.

I need the binaries for such help programs, I cannot compile on this
installation.
My X environment is not working yet, so I need programs which work without
it.

I would like to see a file manager like Norton Commander, with a command
line to execute things.With a file view and file edit possibility.

I need to read the manual while working on this linux engine, I need to
make comments and read text files and htm files to know what to do.

--
Roger J. (No Emails)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Lilo & system commander 7 question
    ... and after selecting Linux from the system ... > commander OS selection menu, lilo did not come up & linux started ... Any time you go to modify a file, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Linux - Bullet biting time
    ... This is my next try to find out that Linux is pleasurable and friendly. ... card is seen, video card doesn't have to use slow Vesa mode, even my ... Instead of ugly text mode package installer there is an Adept, ... Even the Midnight Commander doesn't exist as a package... ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.development)
  • Re: Wieviel Hardware =?ISO-8859-1?B?Zvxy?= Video auf X-Server?
    ... daß moderne Spielarten des Norton Commander ... Das Konzept der zwei Fenster ist einfach gut, unter DOS, Windows, OS/2, ... Was ich auf Linux ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.hardware)
  • Re: =?utf-8?Q?Faxger=C3=A4t?=
    ... Commander endlich unter wine funktionieren soll. ... nehmen und hab mehr Ressourcen. ... Was es da unter Linux gibt ist wohl kaum benutzbar. ... Und was willst Du mit PCs auf denen nur Win läuft? ...
    (de.sci.electronics)
  • Re: Reading files on ground mirror
    ... Commander in Linux. ... you'll need to decompress them first.. ... gzip and gunzip should both be available at the command ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)