PC-Tools for Linux?

From: Roger Johansson (no-email_at_home.se)
Date: 02/06/04

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 08:36:56 +0100

I often find myself wandering around in linux using simple commands like ls
cd cd .. executing commands like umssync xf86config etc..

Is there some program I can use like PC-Tools, or Norton Commander?

I saw an mc (midnight commander), in some distro, it wasn't much, but
better than nothing.

I need the binaries for such help programs, I cannot compile on this
installation.
My X environment is not working yet, so I need programs which work without
it.

I would like to see a file manager like Norton Commander, with a command
line to execute things.With a file view and file edit possibility.

I need to read the manual while working on this linux engine, I need to
make comments and read text files and htm files to know what to do.

--
Roger J. (No Emails)