How do I install my AOC scanner on Linux

From: Chaos Master (blown.fuse_at_ig.com.br)
Date: 05/05/04

Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 00:32:09 -0300

Hello people

I can't find __anything__ on Internet, about how to install an AOC (AVision) F-
610 scanner under Linux (Slackware 9.1). This scanner is not supported by SANE
:/. Right now it is working as a paperweight.

Does someone here knows how to configure this scanner under Linux?

Thanks!!!

--
Chaos Master® - Posting from Brazil
MSN: Wizard_of_Yendor@hotmail.com / ICQ: 126735906

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-Disclosure] A real-life story (no analogies) Was: Anti-MS drivel
    ... with comparing linux and windows I found out I have something that I ... Scenario now forks in two branches: one for giving up old scanner ... Going for the flash card reader. ... Connecting it to my USB hub. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Changing from MS
    ... Go to Packman and download the latest Sane and Xsane ... >>You cannot use the YAST hardware scanner to set it up. ... I still haven't gotten the scanner to work in Linux. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [SLE] Epson Perfection
    ... On Thursday 25 September 2003 10:55 pm, Stan Glasoe wrote: ... > No experience, yet, using it under Linux, Mac 9&X, Win XP. ... It also appears that Sane does not yet support this model scanner. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Linux on Laptop?
    ... proprietary Linux C compiler outperforming gcc on many code ... There are a lot of "consumer level" scanners that SANE doesn't support ... When Joe User buys a Foobar 300 scanner for $49.99 at Wal-Mart, ... Three kinds of lies: ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Epson 2400 & MDK 9.1?
    ... I just bought an Epson 2400 since it got good press and is supposed to ... be fully supported by sane. ... - If I boot with the scanner connected I get kernel panic. ... It seems my Linux never realises there is a scanner hooked up to my ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)