Re: DVD flickers

From: J.O. Aho (user_at_example.net)
Date: 05/14/04

Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:31:17 +0200

Caleb wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> I am running Mandrake Linux 9.1 with a LiteOn DVD-rom drive. I can
> watch DVDs at the correct speed with great sound quality, but I have two
> problems with video. One is that it flickers EXTREMELY. If the picture
> is still, and there is a lot of one solid color, it looks like bugs
> flying around the screen, it is so bad. Another is that when motion
> occurs, the pixels of the object/person in motion turn
> into..lines...temporarily. To rephrase that, when someone or something
> is in motion, it looks like it was displayed using a very crappy line
> art algorithm rather than photo quality. It is not a program-related
> issue as I have tried it in both Xine and Ogle with the exact same
> symptoms. It works perfectly in Windows. Thx in advance for any help
> here.

What about mplayer?
Do you use SCSI emulation?
What kind of protections/macrovision/and so on do you have on the DVD-movies
you tested?

  //Aho

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DVD flickers
    ... RAM do you have installed? ... > I am running Mandrake Linux 9.1 with a LiteOn DVD-rom drive. ... > watch DVDs at the correct speed with great sound quality, ... > motion occurs, the pixels of the object/person in motion turn ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: DVD flickers
    ... > watch DVDs at the correct speed with great sound quality, ... Another is that when motion ... Good chance you're not running the best Linux driver for your video card ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • DVD flickers
    ... watch DVDs at the correct speed with great sound quality, ... problems with video. ... If the picture ... Another is that when motion ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • DVD flickers
    ... watch DVDs at the correct speed with great sound quality, ... problems with video. ... If the picture ... Another is that when motion ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • DVD flickers
    ... watch DVDs at the correct speed with great sound quality, ... problems with video. ... If the picture ... Another is that when motion ...
    (alt.linux)