Multidrop and fetchmail

From: Per Münster (nospam_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 05/19/04

Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 23:47:21 +0200

Hello,

I am planning to change the use of my fetchmail.

At time being I manage a small number of pop3 mail acounts at an ISP.

Method is that I poll each and every single mail-box to my linux and
distribute them to local accounts, which are then emtied onto windows
clients.

My plan is to make changes at the ISP so that I have a multidropbox
receiving any mail to the domain (lets say mydomain.dk)

I have read the detailed districption on the '* here' and read it this way:
Any ingoing user 'wildcard' will be placed on 'wildcard' on the
linux-mailserver. When emtying the multidrop it has its own user. But this
(I expect) is not the that is refered to from '*'. Is it then the 'name' in
name@mydomain.dk? or is it the entire e-mail address?

Regards

Per