Reccomended wireless NIC for Linux PC

From: Dawg (dothsp918273_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: 05/31/04

Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 00:24:45 GMT

Does anyone have a suggestion for the purchase of a wireless adapter that
will be installed on a PC running Linux. I'm using 2 Wire's home portal
1000hw Wi-Fi certified 802.11g. The gateway is connected to a PC with XP.
There seem to be quite a few projects in manually installing. Any help
would be appreciated.

Dawg

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Admin lockout issue
    ... to boot up his new system for the first time when he gets it home. ... included in every single retail purchase from the manufacturer, ... If there is, will there be any drivers that I might need to restore as well, ... purchasing a new OS and installing it? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Roadmap Review - My Questions
    ... exact context of my suggestion - you were expressing a real fear ... And there hasn't been a history of activation crackers installing ... purchased a license to a product to continue using the product, ... would NEVER purchase a tool that required periodic renewal of ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Picture Manager killed by unwanted "trial" software
    ... to installing, via Add/Remove dialogue you have a problem. ... causing Picture Manager features to become deactivated. ... that my trail of access has expired and the only option is to purchase ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • RE: Why am I have complications with Office 97 loading on to a Micros.
    ... If you are running Windows XP sp2 this could be your problem on installing ... Your version is a qualifying product to purchase an upgrade to Office 2003, ... > applications did not appear on my hard drive. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Wireless adapter for linux box
    ... Does anyone have a suggestion for the purchase of a wireless adapter that ... will be installed on a PC running Linux. ... There seem to be quite a few projects in manually installing. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)