It's Just Some Sort of USB Modem...

From: Antti Aspinen (antti.aspinen_at_phnet.fi)
Date: 06/02/04

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 12:46:19 +0300

My friend can't get online so I wrote here for him.

He has a problem with his USB Modem. He told me that kuzdu notices that
USB modem, but he can't call anywhere or use it. I guess it is just some
sort winmodem, but can you help him?

He uses Fedora Core 1 at this moment, but I am going to give him a FC2
DVD so that he can have newer software. And updates of course...

-Antti-: Because -Harri- need help...

Ps. I haven't never used a modem with Linux so telling how to use modem
in linux won't hurt. So that I can help him to get that if it is a
"human" problem. However I don't think it is. Kppp supposed to notice
that USB Modem, Right?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: USR 5605 External USB modem not recognized
    ... > almost at the point to where I can boot to Linux for 90% of what I need ... (Reporting that Linux doesn't "see" your USB modem is an interpretation ... followed by "modprobe acm". ... spotted your USB modem, once you've done so. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Networking Linux and XP for Idiots
    ... >> Ooops, USB modem and Linux. ... > I don't understand it - I've downloaded Samba and I don't have a clue what ... Windows and to exchange files. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Networking Linux and XP for Idiots
    ... > Ooops, USB modem and Linux. ... > some guides for that, ... > by using the Windows XP box as server/router. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: UK Broadband
    ... installed AOL on windows for a friend of mine, ... Linux support (Ie I'd quite like to go with a company who knows what ... Modem compatibility - I've never set up a USB modem on Linux, ... And possibly Web address hosting (which is why I thought of Pipex) ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: My head hurts!
    ... The USB modem you have will likely not work out of the box. ... Most vendors will create drivers for Windows ... I have been using Linux for about two years now and I have learned more ... > I just want a simple life - not asking too much, ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)