It's Just Some Sort of USB Modem...

From: Antti Aspinen (antti.aspinen_at_phnet.fi)
Date: 06/02/04

Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 12:46:19 +0300

My friend can't get online so I wrote here for him.

He has a problem with his USB Modem. He told me that kuzdu notices that
USB modem, but he can't call anywhere or use it. I guess it is just some
sort winmodem, but can you help him?

He uses Fedora Core 1 at this moment, but I am going to give him a FC2
DVD so that he can have newer software. And updates of course...

-Antti-: Because -Harri- need help...

Ps. I haven't never used a modem with Linux so telling how to use modem
in linux won't hurt. So that I can help him to get that if it is a
"human" problem. However I don't think it is. Kppp supposed to notice
that USB Modem, Right?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: USR 5605 External USB modem not recognized
    ... > almost at the point to where I can boot to Linux for 90% of what I need ... (Reporting that Linux doesn't "see" your USB modem is an interpretation ... followed by "modprobe acm". ... spotted your USB modem, once you've done so. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Networking Linux and XP for Idiots
    ... >> Ooops, USB modem and Linux. ... > I don't understand it - I've downloaded Samba and I don't have a clue what ... Windows and to exchange files. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Networking Linux and XP for Idiots
    ... > Ooops, USB modem and Linux. ... > some guides for that, ... > by using the Windows XP box as server/router. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: UK Broadband
    ... installed AOL on windows for a friend of mine, ... Linux support (Ie I'd quite like to go with a company who knows what ... Modem compatibility - I've never set up a USB modem on Linux, ... And possibly Web address hosting (which is why I thought of Pipex) ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Networking Linux and XP for Idiots
    ... Ooops, USB modem and Linux. ... they are definitely not in the idiot's league. ... Sharing between SuSe and Windows is made easy by the Yast module on ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)