Re: A GUI for a 166MHZ,Unknown MB of RAM

From: Conny (
Date: 06/15/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:35:43 GMT

"Adam" <> skrev i meddelandet
> I have a system that is 166MHZ and has atleast 32MBram or maybe its 64,
> can I check this on Linux?
> Also I would like to run a GUI that does alot but doesn't suck the living
> hell out of the machine.
> What is a nice GUI for this?

Try Vector Linux and run Blackbox or FluxBox or something for GUI.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Wah, wahing
    ... I don't check my email in a while and this shit happens. ... It does irk me when people at bitch & moan about the Linux ... Yes, you can do just about everything from the GUI in Windows, ... having to compile source, they really shed tears over that one. ...
  • Re: what version?? need file sharing and web server
    ... I have to say I'm sort of in a similar position in that I'm ... I'm no expert when it comes to things Linux ... As a reference point, hardwarewise, my current server is an old 'Super ... you don't need a GUI and a much smaller subset of distros that might be ...
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 187
    ... Linux is built around the shell, with the GUI as a convenience placed ... Bitdefender is a windows AV program. ... My Linux systems were set up by a clean install from a Karmic DVD ...
  • Re: 3270 emulator?
    ... During the past 3 years my usage of Virtual Machine technology has ... It's entirely possible to use Linux (like all the ... Unix-derived OSes) without ever touching a GUI. ...
  • Re: Xorg replacement?
    ... If I need X11 and Linux doesn't provide it, ... I will definitely not switch to Wayland ... It also means that headless servers don't have GUI ...