Re: A GUI for a 166MHZ,Unknown MB of RAM

From: Conny (NOSPAMuncurbed_at_swipnet.se)
Date: 06/15/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:35:43 GMT

"Adam" <adam15906@atlanticbb.net> skrev i meddelandet
news:10cuk8qmvcoeec1@corp.supernews.com...
> I have a system that is 166MHZ and has atleast 32MBram or maybe its 64,
how
> can I check this on Linux?
> Also I would like to run a GUI that does alot but doesn't suck the living
> hell out of the machine.
> What is a nice GUI for this?

Try Vector Linux and run Blackbox or FluxBox or something for GUI.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: what version?? need file sharing and web server
    ... I have to say I'm sort of in a similar position in that I'm ... I'm no expert when it comes to things Linux ... As a reference point, hardwarewise, my current server is an old 'Super ... you don't need a GUI and a much smaller subset of distros that might be ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Wah, wahing
    ... I don't check my email in a while and this shit happens. ... It does irk me when people at Digg.com bitch & moan about the Linux ... Yes, you can do just about everything from the GUI in Windows, ... having to compile source, they really shed tears over that one. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Xorg replacement?
    ... If I need X11 and Linux doesn't provide it, ... I will definitely not switch to Wayland ... It also means that headless servers don't have GUI ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 187
    ... Linux is built around the shell, with the GUI as a convenience placed ... Bitdefender is a windows AV program. ... My Linux systems were set up by a clean install from a Karmic DVD ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: 3270 emulator?
    ... During the past 3 years my usage of Virtual Machine technology has ... It's entirely possible to use Linux (like all the ... Unix-derived OSes) without ever touching a GUI. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)