converting xvid to divx

From: Mitty (mitty12_at_softhome.net)
Date: 06/16/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:52:25 -0400

hey I'm having sort of a problem here. I'm trying to convert xvid to divx
for a friend because he doesnt have xvid or a computer that supports it
(mac). So I need to convert xvid to divx. I'm trying to use mencoder
through the konverter graphical frontend. when i put all the filenames in
(they are correct) and click convert, in about 1 second it says its done,
but gives errors. here is the sample output:
Converting
mencoder -of avi -oac copy -ovc divx4 -divx4opts
q=3:br=1024:pass=1 /mnt/data1/anime/file.avi -o /home/mitty/file_divx.avi
File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi
: No such file or directory
divx4opts is not an MEncoder option
Conversion done

--
First of all, i dont know where the 'frameno.avi' came from.  any help?
and second, i do have divx installed along with xvid, and the file does play