converting xvid to divx

From: Mitty (mitty12_at_softhome.net)
Date: 06/16/04

Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:52:25 -0400

hey I'm having sort of a problem here. I'm trying to convert xvid to divx
for a friend because he doesnt have xvid or a computer that supports it
(mac). So I need to convert xvid to divx. I'm trying to use mencoder
through the konverter graphical frontend. when i put all the filenames in
(they are correct) and click convert, in about 1 second it says its done,
but gives errors. here is the sample output:
Converting
mencoder -of avi -oac copy -ovc divx4 -divx4opts
q=3:br=1024:pass=1 /mnt/data1/anime/file.avi -o /home/mitty/file_divx.avi
File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi
: No such file or directory
divx4opts is not an MEncoder option
Conversion done

--
First of all, i dont know where the 'frameno.avi' came from.  any help?
and second, i do have divx installed along with xvid, and the file does play

Relevant Pages

  • Re: converting xvid to divx
    ... Mitty wrote: ... So I need to convert xvid to divx. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • RE: Using DIVX and XVID on MCE2K5
    ... The comment about audio decoders is a good one though. ... Also, MCE "oversizes" display for DVR-ms, but NOT for DivX, so you may see ... I used to encode to DivX exclusively, as my initial results with XVID were ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: converting files
    ... incompatibility, they are a mixture of avi, xvid, divx, mpg. ... the windows media encoder which didn't work, ... If I can convert my films to avi or wmv would they then work on the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: converting files
    ... incompatibility, they are a mixture of avi, xvid, divx, mpg. ... the windows media encoder which didn't work, ... If I can convert my films to avi or wmv would they then work on the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)
  • Re: Create ASF File Using XVID Codecs
    ... XviD can be stored in ASF for DivX playback by the Windows Media Player ... Set up your writer profile with DivX as your Subtype (DivX has a WM ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk)