Re: multi-disk Q:

From: J.O. Aho (user_at_example.net)
Date: 06/23/04

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:46:09 +0200

Joe Cipale wrote:
> I am loading SuSE on an old P90 that was my firewall box.
> I replaced the 2GB HDD with 2 (two) 10GB HDDs for this. I am planing on
> using this box as a print server/dev box.
>
> My question is: "How do I tell if both HDD are being loaded/recognized?"

First step is to see if the BIOS had detected the harddrives, this you usually
see at bootup. If everything well this far, then the harddrives should be
working well under linux (as your old harddrive did and the IDE-device is
still the same).

I guess you are going to reinstall linux too, next time you will see something
is when you boot from the install-cd, if a harddrive is missing when it's time
to partition them, then it's most likely something wrong with that harddrive.

  //Aho