xinetd help

From: G_cowboy_is_that_a_Gnu_Hurd? (vvosen_at_cpinternet.com)
Date: 08/24/04

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:31:08 -0500

I had been having problems with date/time setting to odd values and syncing
the cmos. I went into sysv-init editor and removed it from booting up and
shutting down. This isn't going to hurt my platform at all is it? I
changed the time and it seems to be working fine here on out. I had been
having problems getting xinetd to boot at all at times and this seems to
have fixed the problem. I'm running some mandrake9.2 installation, it's
not crucial that xinetd runs is it? I configured the kernel and boot from
that and maybe that's why it was acting wierd. Any idea why it would
change the date&time?
-gc

Relevant Pages

  • boot/startup help
    ... A couple days ago it was booting and I could get into the shell over ... I'm completely new to os9, but a very experienced unix guy. ... I booted it via bootp and end up at the same ... with it set to 7 it autoboots following the boot order (scsi ...
    (comp.os.os9)
  • Re: boot/startup help
    ... A couple days ago it was booting and I could get into the shell over ... at the other end of the mvme serial console line where I'm running ... I booted it via bootp and end up at the same ... full disk boot log -- this is with the front panel hex dial set to ...
    (comp.os.os9)
  • Re: WinXP doesnt start
    ... > My computer stopped booting properly. ... > driver updates. ... > - When normal boot is chosen it starts boot process then reboots. ... and replacing or swapping its flat ribbon cable, ...
  • Re: Serious bootproblem
    ... with 4G internal memory. ... I noticed that booting the system takes a lot of time. ... it takes to boot is unwarranted. ... paying attention during installation a lot of junk was installed on my ...
  • WinXP doesnt start
    ... My computer stopped booting properly. ... - When normal boot is chosen it starts boot process then reboots. ... Replaced AGP video adapter with another AGP adapter. ...