Some advice needed!!!

From: Mr. Bob (bungalowbob_at_concost.net)
Date: 10/28/04

Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:33:53 -0400

I would like to install Linux on my formally windows box. I have an 1800 AMD
chip, 1/2 gig of memory, a read/write CD, a floppy drive, a brand new 40 gig
hd and I would like them all to work. I am looking for something easy to
load, easy to work with and not made by Microsoft. Can anyone offer some
useful advice? Also, please include info as to where I can purchase your
suggestions. P.S. I also use a cable internet connection and wish to
continue using it. Thanks!!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: memory upgrade
    ... gig of memory. ... my guess is that your laptop ... can accept more memory. ... you have with a 1 gig chip, ...
  • Re: Maximum memory for Dell 2300?
    ... I am not familiar with that board but I am with that vintage. ... older boards would only use a maximum of a 256 meg chip you could get 1 gig ... guess would be the memory buss may be limited to 4x256 meg chips if there ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Maximum memory for Dell 2300?
    ... Look at your post screen as the machine boots up if you are not sure of the ... older boards would only use a maximum of a 256 meg chip you could get 1 gig ... guess would be the memory buss may be limited to 4x256 meg chips if there ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • PC2700 memory chips - bus speed question
    ... I have a newer 2.2 GHz Athalon computer. ... I wanted to have 1 gig of memory, so I bought another 512 MB ... PC2700 memory chip. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Vista 64 System needs Extended warm-up
    ... Note that with the total 8 Gig of memory I had the "normal" problem of not being able to install Windows until I had stripped the memory down to only 4 Gigs in the first 2 slots. ... Installation went OK with only 2 sticks of memory, but I needed to do a repair installation a couple of times to remedy a "forever boot" that included a full completion of POST to FF. ...