Linux From Scratch Question

From: Josh Beck (webmaster_at_freewebspace.planetdns.net)
Date: 11/13/04

    Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:48:08 GMT

    Hello all-
    I'm attempting to build a linux system from scratch
    by installing all the packages one at a time.

    I've installed GCC
    I've installed glibc 2.3.3

    I know that is very general, but a general answer
    is all I need.

    When compiling tclsh, a test program, I get an
    undefined reference error in the library libc.so.6
    It is an undefined reference to '_dl_tls_symmaddr@GLIBC_PRIVATE'

    Glibc is compiled against kernel headers.
    Could it be that when I compiled it, I included
    certain kernel headers that I shouldn't have?

    In other words, is libc.so.6 a library that is
    dynamically built when glibc 2.3.3 is compiled
    based on what I point it to? Or is this library
    a static file that is always compiled the same way?

         -I hope that makes sense.
                -Josh Beck