Re: FC2 versus FC3 -- my own experiences

From: philo (philo_at_privacy.net)
Date: 04/21/05

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:54:08 -0500

JDS wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:24:42 -0500, philo wrote:
>

>>CD auto-insertion mount broke within the first week... although that has
>>happened with every version of RH I've previously used...
>>one of these days I may even be able to figure out how to fix it... but
>>all in all FC3 works for me
>

> try upgrading gamin to >= 0.25

well
i just updated it
but still no luck.
it's not the end of the world...i can mount the cdrom manually...
but it did work for the first week or so

Relevant Pages

  • Re: mount a rootvg temporarily on another machine
    ... > I'd just like to mount the root filesystem long enough to fix ... How about booting off the CDROM in maintenance mode, ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • Re: FC2 versus FC3 -- my own experiences
    ... JDS wrote: ... >>one of these days I may even be able to figure out how to fix it... ... it's not the end of the world...i can mount the cdrom manually... ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: FC2 versus FC3 -- my own experiences
    ... JDS wrote: ... >>one of these days I may even be able to figure out how to fix it... ... it's not the end of the world...i can mount the cdrom manually... ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • [ANNOUNCE] util-linux-ng 2.13-rc1
    ... mount options. ... to warn about detected GPT (fdisk doesn't support GPT). ... fix HAVE_NCURSES ... getfs_* (fstab) interface has to work with canonicalize ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • [ANNOUNCE] autofs 5.0.4 release
    ... Quoted strings in the master map are still not yet handled. ... avoid using UDP for probing NFSv4 mount requests. ... another fix for don't fail on empty master map. ... fix incorrect match of map type name when included in map name. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)