Re: Linux Firewall Suggestion

From: Andrei Ivanov (iva_at_racoon.riga.lv)
Date: 05/07/05

    Date: 6 May 2005 22:58:11 GMT

    In comp.os.linux.security KP <kipp@idea.com> wrote:
    > connection to the Internet is via Cisco 1610 router - T1.

    Is it Cisco 160x, or 2610?
    Anyway, for a small company it should have enough horsepower
    to serve as firewall, not just an address-translating device.
    You just need proper IOS image ("IP FW", a.k.a. Firewall
    Feature Set).

    --
    andrei

    • Re: Linux Firewall Suggestion
      ... Is it Cisco 160x, or 2610? ... for a small company it should have enough horsepower ... to serve as firewall, ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Linux Firewall Suggestion
      ... Is it Cisco 160x, or 2610? ... for a small company it should have enough horsepower ... to serve as firewall, ...
      (comp.os.linux)
    • Re: Linux Firewall Suggestion
      ... Is it Cisco 160x, or 2610? ... for a small company it should have enough horsepower ... to serve as firewall, ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco 2811 vs. ASA 55xx
      ... Cisco ASA units are the replacements/upgrades for the PIX. ... "Is the lack of flexibility of the ASA justified by the higher performance? ... I'm not real sure what you're trying to do security-wise with a Cisco router that a Cisco firewall appliance cannot do. ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Firewall Hardware and a bit of a Rant
      ... I need advice on which hardware firewall to purchase for a client with 20 users. ... I'm fairly new to SBS and have installed 3 servers. ... Watchguard seem to think they are Cisco and don't have to provide support to smaller IT guys because they are so powerful etc.. ... If my client didn't need web filtering, I'd bang a PIX in and use the Cisco VPN Client for remote access with local database XAuth to provide double authentication. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)