Re: dumb question about logins

From: Interfecus (interfecus_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/06/05

    Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 23:51:26 +1200

    JB wrote:
    > I need to delete a file but it says I need to login as the admin. I'm
    > pretty sure my login is the admin. What do i need to do in the command
    > line to delete the file?

    When you installed linux, you should have been prompted to choose a
    "root" or "administration" password. To remove the file, pop up a
    console and type the command "su". This will then prompt you for a
    password. Enter the root/admin password you originally chose. You can
    then use "rm <filename>" to remove the file.

    • Re: forgotten userid/passwd...
      ... I don't get a chance to type in anything at command line when ... > I am using Grub and it goes straight to the Kudzu utility and then the login ... Sure, boot from installation CD, get into prompt, and mount the ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Cant login as a different user
      ... Do you open a new putty session, ... No, at the command prompt, I enter the login command and this gives ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: Why Logon Prompt When you open a blank database?
      ... You always login when you start Access. ... login in as Admin, with no password. ... so you see the login prompt. ... > open a blank access database? ...
      (microsoft.public.access.security)
    • Re: admin logon
      ... I know it was a run command that got my windows login screen to always ask ... now my pc by default logs in under the administrator. ... it will log me in as administrator, or it will prompt me and said that ... something is wrong w/ the admin pw and to contact the admin any ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
    • Re: Administrative shares
      ... > ADMIN$ do not start and must be started from command ... > prompt. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)