Re: dumb question about logins

From: Interfecus (interfecus_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/06/05

    Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 23:51:26 +1200

    JB wrote:
    > I need to delete a file but it says I need to login as the admin. I'm
    > pretty sure my login is the admin. What do i need to do in the command
    > line to delete the file?

    When you installed linux, you should have been prompted to choose a
    "root" or "administration" password. To remove the file, pop up a
    console and type the command "su". This will then prompt you for a
    password. Enter the root/admin password you originally chose. You can
    then use "rm <filename>" to remove the file.