Help!! Am stuck on 640x480..

find.ivan_at_gmail.com
Date: 08/13/05

    Date: 12 Aug 2005 16:40:49 -0700

    Guess the subject says enough.
    I manged to install debian, went through the whole installation and
    must admit, was extremly easy to do..

    It did give me the choice to choose video card settings, and for some
    reason I chose vga.

    Well, when gnome came up, its only setting is 640x480..

    Any ideas on how to rectify this? Has it not recognized my video card
    or monitor?

    I ran base-config again but could not find where it asked me to set my
    video card display..

    Anyway.. Please help..

    I'm only on dial-up, so can't connect yet.. Dual booting with WinXP..

    I've no idea what type of video card I have though.. It's just labled
    as a VGA Display controller..