Starting out linux

From: Sathyaish (sathyaish_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/02/05

Date: 1 Oct 2005 20:00:14 -0700

ok, I worked on Unix for a few months in 1996 but since then I've been
a Windows user. I am new to linux. Tell me about some books and a good
distro to get started; something I could freely download from the Web
or get for a cheap price shipped by courier rather than a download
(downloads cost a whole lotta money, too).

I'd ideally prefer a bootable-CD distro; one that runs on top of your
OS.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Starting out linux
    ... > a Windows user. ... I am new to linux. ... something I could freely download from the Web ... I looked at a bunch of books in B&N. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Starting out linux
    ... > a Windows user. ... I am new to linux. ... something I could freely download from the Web ... I looked at a bunch of books in B&N. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Starting out linux
    ... a Windows user. ... I am new to linux. ... something I could freely download from the Web ... I'd ideally prefer a bootable-CD distro; one that runs on top of your ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Mini-FAQ: Antivirus-Software fuer Linux (v1.12, 11.10.2002)
    ... F-Secure Antivirus for Linux ... Platform: Linux, Solaris ... Download: http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/ ... Developer: Kaspersky Lab, Russia ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.infos)