Re: Linux freezing Why?

From: J.O. Aho (user_at_example.net)
Date: 10/17/05

Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:47:42 +0200

Astro Linux wrote:

> Why do you guys think is the problem? How can I find out if it's the
> hardware or software?

Bad version of nVidia driver?
IMHO you have give all to little information about your system to give a good
answer why it could be that your system locks.

  //Aho

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Slow rotation
    ... I tried making the spheres and cylinders with as little as 1/5th the ... Below is the code for drawing the atoms and the bonds. ... If so, then, something is wrong with your card -- maybe no hardware ... It really sounds like you don't have the nvidia driver loaded. ...
    (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
  • Re: Slow rotation
    ... Below is the code for drawing the atoms and the bonds. ... If so, then, something is wrong with your card -- maybe no hardware ... So we can rule out hardware as an issue. ... It really sounds like you don't have the nvidia driver loaded. ...
    (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
  • Re: Slow rotation
    ... The specific one I'm using has about 5300 atoms (spheres) and about ... Below is the code for drawing the atoms and the bonds. ... If so, then, something is wrong with your card -- maybe no hardware ... It really sounds like you don't have the nvidia driver loaded. ...
    (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
  • Re: PREEMPT kernel with nvidia
    ... I've compiled the stable kernel 2.6.18 and the backported kernel ... and both kill random programs. ... Such sporadic problems can be caused by faulty hardware. ... can be sure that the crashes only happen with the nvidia driver? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: display blacking out
    ... I have some sort of Nvidia driver issue ... are you sure your hardware will support XP? ... In any case, do some hardware diagnosis: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)