The little money I do make

From: cmsix (cmsix_at_cmsix.com)
Date: 10/18/05

    Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:36:59 GMT

    comes from repairing and cleaning up Windows machines for people that
    are mostly "infection clueless"

    Lately I've been thinking that using a Linux machine, mounting a
    windows drive and disinfecting from there might be productive.

    I'm assuming that there is antivirus software available for Linux and
    that it would scan a mounted drive.

    Would anyone care to comment or offer suggestions regarding which
    Linux and which antivirus software to use?

    If this post isn't really relevant to this newsgroup please don't
    hesitate to say so, and if so please let me know of any other group
    that might be more receptive.

    cmsix

    • Re: newb install new samba?
      ... >> about this very topic by more experienced folk, ... >> samba seems to be now available. ... local firewalls on the windows machines - I like to control exactly ... the linux machine now highlighted a problem with the ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: IT time forMaintenance
      ... Desktop running Fedora Core 4 (Linux variety), and to be honest, I spend ... Ghost to do my backups on the Windows machines, and a BASH shell script to ... > the repercussions of such settings on the computers. ... How much time and how often should be allowed for maintenance. ...
    • Re: Ubuntu 5.10 + How to connect to Internet
      ... I followed a few of the links, such as the one that told me the difference between a hardware modem and a software modem and how software modems were difficult to make work with Linux if possible at all. ... I ordered the Ubuntu CD's because I had read on various websites that Ubuntu was user friendly, easy to setup, great for Windows users who may want to switch over and give Linux a try, etc... ... I have used Windows machines for over 10 years and thought that I knew a little about computers, not any deep, low level knowledge, but fairly capable on a Windows machine anyway. ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: e-mail and web safety
      ... 3/ WIndows machines have a very limited concept of file ownership, ... Linux was written as a network aware OS from the ground up. ... The programs Dan told you about are normally enough to protect you from almost ... Should give you safe web browsing. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Sharing with workgroup
      ... >>> I've been trying to get this to work with various flavors of Linux ... >>> work with a new machine running FC4. ... >>> None of the Windows machines acts as the browse master, ... >> since you're not worried about security, ...
      (linux.redhat)